Wednesday 21 April 2010

Apres moi, le deluge?

Welcome. After literally minutes of prevarication, I've decided to relaunch my blogging career. What you will see here are the rather ham-fisted results.

Why would I want to do this? It's a valid point. Let's face it - who has the time to read blogs any more? Surely it's all about Twitter and Posterous and Foursquare and geotagging and augmented reality and semantic web and...

... And that's kind of the problem. If you want my opinion, in this relentless rush of days, it's still nice to have somewhere to store one's thoughts in sentences of more than 140 characters. Hence I've resolved to start blogging properly, years after it was trendy to do so. Better to be late to the party than not at all, right? If other people want to read my ramblings, that's lovely, but I'm not hugely bothered either way. Blogging, after all, is essentially a self-indulgent activity.

Here you'll find musings on all sorts of topics, from my day job as a corporate sustainability consultant for Freud Communications, to a whole host of other subjects that make me tick: food, wine, bicycles, cameras, design, books, philosophy, cinema, music, favourite quotes and, yes, the planet. The blog title is supposed to be a nod to the duality of life as a marketeer and self-styled bon viveur, with a nod to Withnail of course, but like a lot of my thoughts it probably works better as a private joke.

I can't promise I'll write every single day ('apologies for my recent silence' being by far the most common plea in the blogosphere) and some posts may be pithy even by Twitter standards, but I hope what I do say occasionally piques your interest and, you know, maybe we can actually do something really old-fashioned and converse occasionally. Maybe even meet up for a pint in a real life pub. Now that, my friends, is the type of augmented reality we can all buy into.

No comments:

Post a Comment